Everyone needs to be proficient in first aid to feel comfortable assisting themselves, a family member, a friend, or a complete stranger in any emergency. Along with other emergencies, first aid workers deliver first aid and perform CPR for various diseases. Thus, enrolling in a first aid course in Australia may be the best choice for individuals who are confident in their ability to save lives and carry out life-saving procedures.
What are First Aid courses: An Overview
First Aid training provides you with skills and knowledge that can be used to save lives. These training can make a significant difference as they make one eligible to become a first aid provider in various institutions, basically in healthcare and corporate working areas.
First-aid courses are important because they teach you first-aid knowledge. To add more, First Aid courses are comprehensive courses all driven to equip students with skills and knowledge to respond in an emergency situation, act on the right time, and offer medical emergencies to minor injuries like minor cuts and scrapes, heat illnesses, and burns to severe life-threatening injuries like a snake bite or heart attack.
Most first-aid courses, both online and offline, are taught by expert instructors. Students are most provided with fully functional manuals to impart the essential skills for proper self-aid and the skills they need to help others. In a general scenario, first aid courses are compatible with all types of first aid modules, including children and adult modules.
Types of first aid courses in Perth
HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
HLTAID011 was previously known as Senior First Aid. The HLTAID011 online e-learning component enables you to study at your own speed in the comfort of your home or place of employment. HLTAID011 also contains evaluations of your first-aid knowledge and practical in-class activities.
Successful completion of this HLTAID011 first aid training will provide you with the following:
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID009 Provides cardiopulmonary resuscitation, also popularly known as CPR certification, is a first aid course where participants will earn the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) under Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines. Providing CPR is available in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
This course makes students make an emergency response in a range of life-threatening situations, including community and workplace settings.
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
It prepares you to provide First Aid responses to people in a range of situations.
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
Educators and support personnel working in an education and care context can complete HLTAID012 to gain full-fledged theoretical knowledge and practical skills in first-aid. Following the completion of HLTAID012 you can take HLTAID009 Provide cardiac resuscitation.
HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
The HLTAID014 course offers first aid and resuscitation training appropriate for employees who may need to administer, plan, and direct a first aid response in a variety of challenging circumstances, including in the community and at work. In addition to advanced first aid procedures, more advanced monitoring methods, advanced resuscitation techniques utilizing oxygen equipment, and defibrillator use are also covered in the HLTAID014 first aid course.
First Aid Requalification
A first aid requalification is completed to renew your first aid certification, as a refresher course, or by anyone whose certificate has expired.
What about Psychological First Aid (PFA)?
Cases of mental health are increasing due to different circumstances and have been impacting people, and to help such individuals, Psychological First Aid providers have come forward. In fact, psychological first aid is the immediate support for those affected by psychological trauma. This first aid course aims to lessen acute suffering and aid those who have been affected by traumatic incidents.
Candidates for psychological first aid who successfully complete this course will gain the ability to comfort and support those in need on an emotional level as well as provide them with useful information and assistance.
Some colleges offer Psychological First Aid courses in Perth; however, it may not be found in all first-aid courses providing colleges.
Are there any first aid courses online in Australia?
Yes, there are numerous first-aid courses online in Australia. You can, in fact, complete any first aid course without leaving the comfort of your home. In most such online first aid courses, qualified trainers will give the theoretical classes via popular apps like Zoom. To make a demo practice of the training, you will need a space to perform the practical assessments on the floor. You need pieces of equipment and demo structures for practical performance. This equipment is mostly sent by the school itself.
People who merely need to know how to administer first aid and perform CPR should take an online first aid course. Since it is an online course, there are no exercises to help students master First Aid and CPR techniques, and there are also no practical examinations. Only theoretical knowledge is presented. Participants will only obtain a certificate of completion and NOT an ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority) accreditation.
For the accreditation, you might need to provide documentation or even take an exam. Therefore, it is preferable to enroll in a course where you will receive a nationally recognized certificate from the institution following the course within a few days.
How long does it take to complete a first aid course in Australia?
In a general scenario, a first aid course in Australia will take a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 5 hours of face-to-face learning, while the time for online learning may get lesser.
To be more specific:
- 3 hours for HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- 4 hours minimum to a maximum of 1 day for HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- 5 hours minimum while it takes a maximum of 1 day for HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
But the time duration can vary from college to college and state to state in Australia.
How much do the first aid courses cost?
Different first aid courses have different costs. And these costs also change in every state.
To be more specific, first aid courses cost in Perth looks like this:
- HLTAID009 cost is somewhere between AUD 55 to AUD 65.
- HLTAID011 cost is somewhere between AUD 100 to AUD 120.
- HLTAID012 cost Fees AUD 120 To AUD 130.
Who can take First Aid classes?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about the human body and saving people’s life then you are the best candidate to pursue a first aid course. Also, a person with a disability can also attend our courses.
Qualities of a great First Aid Provider
- First aid providers must be quick in their actions and immediate responses to emergencies.
- First aid providers are mostly controlled and calm without stress or panic.
- Intelligent and decisive to take immediate action and keep the injured person stable.
- First-aid providers are resourceful; they always have first-aid kits to help people.
- A first aider has the basic medical skills, trained to perform with the right skills under pressure.
- First aid providers are efficient as they have no time to waste when there is a medical emergency.
What is the average salary of first aid providers in Perth?
In 2022, the average annual salary of first aid providers in Australia is 142,693 AUD which is AUD 46.05 per hour. Talking about Perth, AUD 39.63 per hour is the salary of first aid providers.
How long does first aid certification last?
Senior first aid courses or any other first aid course can be extremely helpful to people of different ages and different times. Once a candidate pursues first aid courses, it can last for his/her whole life, meaning first aid courses do not have any fixed expiration date.
This means the basics of first aid are the same; however, due to the advancement or changes in the health industry, one has to learn new updates. So, instead of an expiration date, your first aid certification needs a renewal. Your First aid certification renewal is to be done every 3 years.
Why do you need to renew your First Aid certification?
Renewing your first aid certification(any type) within a specific period of time brings you numerous advantages.
- The teachings and practices in a given time may have faded over time. Thus, renewing or upgrading your first aid certification will work as a refresher while keeping your minds sharp and your skills updated.
- Change is the only constant and so are First Aid guidelines and procedures. Thus as a first aid provider, you must be familiar with such aspects to avoid confusion and keep yourself legally safe.
- Renewing your first aid certification ensures workplace first aid attendants stay updated on providing the best first aid care in the workplace.
Moreover, the goal of updating your first aid certification is not just about ticking the checklist rather, it is a double check on you,” a first aid provider,” becoming updated on skills, knowledge, guidelines, and rules.
Challenges for first aid providers in Perth
- The first challenge is to overcome one’s own Fear. These fears include giving the wrong aid, fear of getting patients in a worse condition, fear of infection while doing mouth-to-mouth, fear of injuring the casualty, and many more.
- First aid providers are also exposed to various infection situations and chemical exposures.
- While providing first aid, if the patient loses his/her life, then it may result in lawsuits for first aid providers.
- First Aid providers have to work in various challenging environments where they have to kneel, bend, and lift heavy weights to provide their services.
- First Aid providers work long hours and long shifts ranging from 9 to 12 hours and sometimes even work for several days in a row.
- First Aid providers have to confront emotional trauma to provide emotional health.
Whatever the challenges, if you are well-skilled, well-aware, and fast-paced, you get rewarded for bringing your skills anywhere. Being a first responder gives you the chance to save family members and neighbors, strengthening ties in your community.
During your service, you will have the chance to engage with individuals who are important to the local scene, such as police officers, firefighters, doctors, and nurses. The closer you become to these people, the more connected you will feel to every aspect of local life.
Find the best place for a first aid course in Perth
While looking for the best institution or college for first aid courses in Perth then, such an institution must possess the following features:
- They must offer a Nationally recognised course.
- The institution must provide high-quality First Aid training.
- Affordable and highly accessible to the community.
- A high standard of training and facilitators.
- The institution must make your first aid skills stronger in both theoretical and practical aspects.
- Availability of online first aid classes, physical first aid classes, or a combination of both.
- Provide First Aid Products Kits & Servicing for the candidates.
- Regular Training and assessment.
- Successful and satisfied Alumni of the institution.
- Provide you with a certificate that shows your completion of the course.
Why Choose Bright College to pursue a first aid course in Perth?
Bright College is all into equipping national and international students in Australia with the best Business Courses, Community Services Courses and First Aid Courses.
First Aid Courses for international students in Australia are well ran in our college, where the first aid courses are:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
Talking about Bright College, in a physical setting, we have well-equipped classrooms, experienced faculty and trainers who are well aware of how sensitive and crucial the first aid course and training are. We also make students aware of the present-day first aid guidelines and legal aspects.
We are passionate about training students by providing face-to-face training and assessment to help you understand First Aid to a whole new level. With your presence in the classroom, you can actually see and practice First Aid techniques and check on your skills and competency.
We do provide materials to read online and the student must complete online learning prior to the Face-to-Face session. Finally, when your course gets completed, your competency will be checked and if you pass with flying colors, then students will receive a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment.
If you are an international or national student who wants to pursue short but rewarding courses in Perth, then First Aid courses are a boon for you and the best college to pursue first aid courses is Bright College. In fact, when you search for “first aid training near me” in Perth, we show up on top of the results, symbolizing our dedication to first aid courses in Perth.
For further processing or any issue, you can contact us immediately. We respond and help you out in your academic journey in Australia.